View Single Post
Old 10-01-2021, 01:11 PM   #37
BlaqWhole
Account Suspended

Drives: 2017 Camaro ZL1 A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by snizzle View Post
Again, it's sort of like the auto versus manual discussion, I understand a modern AT can shift faster than I can, I don't care. Why not? Because I want the connection, the feel. In the same vein, yes, EVs can and will be faster in certain configurations. But the sound is gone, the connection is gone and for me the passion is gone.

There should be room for both. Give us the choice. Don't mandate what we're going to drive either directly by not offering what we want or indirectly by making it cost prohibitive through regulatory practices.
You sound like you actually think the manufacturers have a choice in the matter. LOL!! They don't. They couldn't care less what our dying breed thinks or has to say. They are trying to appeal to a larger market. After all, what are we gonna do? Not buy a new car when gas is no longer available? Walk everywhere? Ride bicycles? LOL!!

At some point it will be more and more costly for the manufacturer to produce these vehicles. Who do you think those costs will get passed on to? You think that when all resources and tech and designs are used to build EVs, they'll still be trying to appease the 22 remaining gas powered enthusiasts? LOL!! How much do you think it'll cost them to build a car for the dwindling number of people who want this? You're gonna be paying $470,000 for a gas powered car and $80 a gallon for 87 octane gas.
BlaqWhole is offline   Reply With Quote