View Single Post
Old 01-18-2019, 09:39 PM   #48
Shawnqa800720

Drives: 2018 1SS
Has anyone added the ZL1 1LE spec handling suspension kit (p/n - 84352119) IN ADDITION to the lowering upgrade (84225254) and sway bar upgrade (84242386) on their SS? I would like to know if adding that kit would reduce the benefits seen with the lowering and sway bar kits or add to them. Yet another test set up I would love to see team Camaro tackle (or someone from our community).

Given some of the discussion on this thread, I'd be a little worried that this kit may stiffen things up a little too much, and make the car a little less road friendly, or was that more a result of the DSSV dampers.... I love a very stiff suspension feel (responsive, communicative), but don't want to lose road performance since that's where my Camaro will spend most of its time. I have some fun autocross and track time planned, but more just so I can drive the car like it was intended vs. part of a competition circuit. If I make it so stiff that I am losing traction on the imperfect roads of New England, it isn't a good trade-off for me. I am fully caught up in the add-on phase, and may need to be talked off the ledge before I make my car less fun to drive vs. more fun.

I'd love input from someone who has actually done this combo, but also fine with theoretical discussion.
2018 Red Hot 1SS, GM lowering kit & 1LE Sway bar kit, ZL1 1LE solid rear cradle bushings, BMR sway bar end links, GM CAI w/tune, Pray ported IM, Mamo ported TB, VS Forged VS07 rims 20x11 & 20x10 w/ Michelin PS4S
Shawnqa800720 is offline   Reply With Quote