View Single Post
Old 05-04-2014, 03:01 PM   #15
mlee
CamaroFans.com

Drives: ZLE & ZR2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bo White View Post
As it being my first Camaro fest but not my first outing at a get together I'll say that at first most do not know who anyone is until for the most part after the event is over. There's gotta be a way to see who is who and who is there like a public sign in list or something. I know some of you had the advantage of either knowing members personally or coming down in a group or both but most it seemed did not. I had a great time but that was in part of my roommate Axis. I had more fun outside the event and that's funny in itself. Anyway I did have a good time and met a fair amount of people namely from Austin. The Austin group were great to hang with for sure. To close my post I recommend something like a sign in book either online or an actual physical book so it would be easier to know who's there and what not. Had a great time.
I totally agree with you except for the part of outside the event not being part of the event. A sign-in book would be awesome and if I'm still around we WILL DO THIS next year. It's a great idea, easy to do and no reason not to.

I've started a thread before fest two about nametags and then bumped it up the next two years discussing this same thing. Even if you do know a lot of folks already you still miss even more that you could have met.

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-vette View Post
I know it might be lame, but name tags?
We tried this for a couple of fests.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngelSpeedFreak View Post
Window stickers and name tags... I'm down.
^^^This is what I want to see. Username on a car sticker. Find the car and stalk it until the owner comes out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GbrilliantQ View Post
We tried name tags on lanyards 2-3 years ago. No one used them. No one.
Thank you, and where the hell were you this year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HRD_WRK View Post
Dang it. Aparrently I missed Bo and Axis?
I tried to ask user names around the lot at night.
made up my own name tags but didn't wear them.
Damit me too... and I know I was easy to find. I bet I even talked to them as well and still didn't know.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaylorCamaro View Post
We (H-town Camaro Club) had custom shirts made with our name on it, which we all had on Friday. Something like that and a sticker on the car would be cool. I thought about getting some made up with my screen name. Just never got around to doing it.
^^Those were awesome shirts...