View Single Post
Old 04-09-2019, 09:43 AM   #6
pyroguy
Started#gottalovethatblue

Drives: ABM #831
It is a good video to watch, but I would strongly disagree that you don't need to budget. He eludes to not writing checks for bills and then wondering where the money went at the end of the month and that you should not live beyond your means and those two items I agree with. However, if you sit down, put together a live-able budget and assign ever dollar that you will earn that month a name (mortgage/rent, food, utilities, transportation, etc.) you will find that you have some surprises in your spending. My financial adviser says that it takes 90 days to get a budget right, and in my experience he was about right. It took around 90 days to figure out where we were spending and ways that we could make our money work for our live-able situation. Part of the "pay yourself first" is knowing where to put the money so that it makes the best financial sense for you. If you have debt, that should be your #1 priority to eliminate. If you need to save for a large expense coming up (newer car, home repairs, college, etc.) then set aside a sinking fund. A sinking fund is nothing more than a savings account or allocation of money for a larger purchase. Either way, make sure that you're doing what's best long term financial sense. The greatest wealth building tool is your income. Don't let debt and frivolous spending take away your ability to retire wealthy.
'10 Camaro 2SS/RS | Aqua Blue #831 of 3,903 | Silver Stripes
Check out my build thread