View Single Post
Old 06-03-2021, 01:03 PM   #8
KMPrenger

Drives: 16 Camaro SS, 15 Colorado
I'm not sure what to think of the new Maverick, or for that matter, anything else that other brands may come out with as competitors.

Every time I see someone online talk about how bad they want a true small truck, what they mention about it is the ability to do work. They all want the cheap regular cab with the long bed, or at most the extended cab.

The Maverick will come in crew cab configuration only, and the bed will probably be even smaller than the Ranger's standard bed. So with that in mind, is this really the small truck that everyone on the forums says they want? I applaud Ford for taking a chance, but I don't think so. I'm not saying there isn't a group out there that wants these. But unless space is a high premium, and you still want some sort of a bed, why not just get a Ranger? I guess cost (and probably mileage) will factor to that decision. The Ranger and Colorado/Canyon are not big trucks. Comparable in size to full size trucks from 20 years ago, but they are still not as wide as those trucks were. ( I just looked it up to confirm lol) In terms of height, and in length (with the 6 foot bed) they new mid-size trucks are similar to those old full sizers.

The current full size trucks are huge. I like them, but they are. I can't imagine them getting any bigger over the next generation or two. I think my Colorado is near perfect for me and my uses. Maybe the next gen Ranger and GM twins will grow some, but I don't see them growing much if at all. The next gen GM twins will ride on the same (albeit updated) platform after all.