View Single Post
Old 12-14-2006, 07:51 AM   #16
Moose

Drives: '99 Camaro SS #1392
I've never heard of using 'Pantene' or any other shampoo in detailing. Not to say "one way or the other", just never heard of it.

I've been using 'Zaino' now for about 5 years, if not longer. And while it is at times a pain that you can't buy it in the local automotive store, IMO, it's the best. 'Meguires', 'Mothers', etc., are good as well, but their durability isn't the same. As a result of using 'Zaino', I've ended up detailing cars for people, and the business continues to increase. They have seen the SS and cannot believe it's a '99. I offer my customers the choice of spending a little more money and using 'Zaino', or saving some money and using 'Meguires', or 'Mothers', etc., and quite a few who choose the wax route, after seeing the "beading effect" diminish after several weeks, ask for 'Zaino'. Now, please, before anyone starts calling me a "shill" (sp.?) for 'Zaino', I'm not. I just like the product ALOT. IMO, 'Meguires', 'Mothers', are very good as well, just from my experiences, they don't last as long.

Also, something else I thought I'd mention. Make sure and use the proper towels, sponge, etc.! I've seen guys do a detailing job only to have their work ruined by using an inferior towel/rag to remove the polish/wax. :(

As for my personal detailing of the SS, seeing as it's kept in the garage, I usually give it the "full treatment" every 6 months. This consists of washing it in 'Dawn', claying, followed by 3 coats of 'Zaino'. Also on average, I apply another coat of 'Zaino' several times a month.

And, I know, I DO sound like a salesperson for 'Zaino', but personally, I love it. :o If anyone has been looking for a GREAT leather cleaner and conditioner, 'Zaino'. It is the ONLY product I found to thoroughly clean while leaving a great "new leather" smell.

Seriously, "to each their own". 'Zaino' is what works for me. I'm only offering up my thoughts and opinions as a means of help. I'm NOT trying to tell anyone not to use what they like, etc..

I'm just a true believer in the stuff. I don't even advertise, and when people see the SS, they want their cars to look like mine! And I can honestly say every one of them has been amazed and not only been a "return customer", but alot of them have brought me more business.

OK. I apologize for my rambling. :o Sorry. :(
Moose is offline   Reply With Quote