View Single Post
Old 01-26-2020, 09:33 PM   #11
Cpt. Ray T

Drives: 2010 SS A/T
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deputy347k9 View Post
A huge welcome to the Forum and to a brother LEO. I retired out of the State of Maine back in 2008. When I purchased my 2014 Camaro this was also my very first ever Camaro. Long history of owning some very nice cars but just not a Camaro. Look forward to seeing your pictures. By the way there are a few LEOs on the Forum.
Respectfully
Larry

Sweet. Glad you made it. Hope you are enjoying your retirement. April 8th is my tentative exit date. Will be going back to work as 46 is too young to be retired, but pulling the pin on my Law Enforcement, for now at least. Honestly not sure if I am wired correctly for anything else at this point...lol.. Looking at taking a store manager spot at a local gun shop. Folks that own it are pretty cool, and we get along great. The team working there is top notch most with military background and such, so we should get along nicely. So I think I will feel at home there. Yea, got to figure out how to post up some pics in here and get a few loaded up.

Looking at your pic, I am assuming you were a K-9 Handler. Did that twice, loved every minute of it, but was a lot of work. First dog retired from age and then got another. After finding a home for my retired dog (with one of his previous handlers), because the two couldn't get along, my Chief at the time thought it was a waste of money, so he pulled the plug on the program just as we finished certifying, and actually took my dog instead of at least letting me have him. Said there and then I wouldn't go through that again. Was heart breaking. After that chief left, we were able to restore the program, but I didn't get involved other than helping the new handler when needed. Heart still hurt from loosing my partner the few years earlier.

But time marches on. Went on to the drug unit, came out and did CID for a bit, then promoted on up. Currently second in command. Love my job, love my guys/gals, love my Chief. But the keyboard warriors and Monday morning quarterbacks are making me ready to move on along. So punching out.

If you are ever in the Central Florida area, hit me up. We can grab a cold one and tell lies about the good old days...lol

Last edited by Cpt. Ray T; 01-26-2020 at 09:43 PM.
Cpt. Ray T is offline   Reply With Quote