View Single Post
Old 10-02-2022, 12:29 PM   #61
NG329

Drives: Chevrolet Camaro ZL1 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by khcoaching View Post
Not far from the truth! If I could have afforded to buy a ZLE, I would have. The said, when you start pushing for the last 1% of the cars capability, the ZLE, in my experience, plateaus harder than the SS. I understand the consumables and unless you are in a really slow car, it all ends up being the same.

With grip, stock the ZLE is better, but the car is portly when pushing and while you can hide it with slicks, you just go faster and the same problems happen. It still needs work at the sharp end.

The stock aero is good, but also limited as far as a high performing track vehicle is concerned.

Powerwise, they run well, but overheat and you end up having to add coolers and end up doing the same mods as an SS. (headers, cam, etc)

To be clear, I would have loved to have had a ZLE, but I couldn't swing it and this car when done, will crush a stock ZLE for the same or slightly less money at MSRP.
I guess I can and do agree with everything you mentioned here, except for the overheating. Here in the Northeast I couldn't get mine to overheat even after a 45min session. Laps were respectable and tires were already cording in this video. I think guys in the south/southwest were the ones having overheating issues. It was 85-90*F on the day I recorded this video.

My best laps on Lightning
NG329 is offline   Reply With Quote