View Single Post
Old 10-02-2022, 12:02 PM   #57
khcoaching

Drives: 2021 1SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by NG329 View Post
Request for Fact Check on the 'has a better center of gravity' statement. Please site your source because I'm calling BS on that.

It's the same chassis platform between the two cars and the difference in weight really only comes down to the supercharger. That 150lbs is negligible when there is a 160 wheel horsepower advantage for the ZLE stock for stock.

Contrary to the statement above, the ZL1-1LE actually sits lower and would likely have the better center of gravity as depicted between my car and Greg's car.

In addition, the ZLE puts more rubber to the road and as a result has more lateral grip. Weight distribution in the ZL1-1LE is damn near perfect for a car of its size. Can you mod a SS-1LE to be able to outmaneuver a stock ZLE? Sure you can. but no one is leaving their ZLE stock.

I know this is the internet and I shouldn't get upset but honestly some of the misinformation here is starting to get under my skin.
Stock for stock, yep, all correct. In my case, I run all over a stock ZLE on corner entry and mid corner. IMO, the ZLE need some work to run at the very sharp end.