View Single Post
Old 02-12-2019, 09:01 PM   #40
mlee
CamaroFans.com

Drives: ZLE & ZR2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Livernois Motorsports View Post
Hello all we can't wait until this event comes back. I like the idea of having a do's and dont's for people's first time. We were all there once. So if anyone has a question feel free to contact us. Also if anyone wants to make their car faster before the event also feel free to contact us. My name is Jake message me or call us at 313-561-5500

Quote:
Originally Posted by dadszl1 View Post
Opinions have no business in rule making. If the people who runs this event are going to make all these redic class rules people are going to stay home.

What is the beef with a 15” tire? The drag racing world runs this tire size. Hell entire NMCA classes have been designed around a tire.

The class rules need to be more inclusive.

The rules for super-mod are just dumb. Unlimited mods, meaning power glide, trans brake and 500 shot of nitrous but no 15” tire.
Well we do have data from past events...

we formed a committee from knowledgeable racers that actually attended and competed ...and we made adjustments to the classes based on the committee's agreement. We also worked this while everything was fresh after the last event and make adjustments so everyone had plenty of time to plan for Fest IX.

coming in here and just bashing and saying the rules are ridiculous doesn't help much. We've always listened and adjusted where needed, every single year.

Your car runs 9's and you want to run with all the ZL1's with stock blowers. There was not one single car in the SM class run 9's. Like you said, NMCA classes are built around a tire... we used it too and it works to split the top two classes right down the middle. No one runs 15's without other mods.

It's all about competition and someone running 9's fits perfectly into our Unlimited class.