View Single Post
Old 04-29-2019, 07:26 AM   #39
Martinjlm
Retired from GM

Drives: 2017 Camaro Fifty SS Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by Martinjlm View Post
This has baffled me since the CT5 press release. The 3.0TT in the CT6 Sport is rated at 404 / 400, so why is the same engine in the CT5 rated at 335 / 400. I almost wonder if this isn't a typo transposing the hp for the 3.6L [335] and the torque for the 3.0TT [400].

The CT5 and CT6 versions have the same torque output. the only difference is hp. And it's a big difference.
I'm a little less baffled now that I've looked at the relative output levels of the CT5 as compared to the so-far-released versions for the 3-Series. The lower powered 3.0TT lines up pretty well with the only version of BMW's 3.0TT in 3-Series. The 3-Series has more hp, the CT5 more torque. I think both will release tunes with more output within the next year and then top off both their lines with boosted V8 models to spark the M vs V wars.

In case there's any question of how GM is positioning CT5, as well as whether or not there really is a CT4 (still a few non-believers) here is a slide Cadillac showed the press (courtesy of AutoBlog).
Attached Images

A8 | MRC | NPP | Nav | HUD | GM Performance CAI | Tony Mamo LT1 V2 Ported TB | Kooks 1-7/8” LT Headers | FlexFuel Tune | Thinkware Q800 Pro front and rear dash cam | Charcoal Tint for Taillights and 3rd Brakelight | Orange and Carbon Fiber Bowties | 1LE Wheels in Gunmetal Gray | Carbon Fiber Interior Overlays | Novistretch bra and mirror covers | Tow hitch for bicycle rack |

Martinjlm is offline   Reply With Quote