View Single Post
Old 04-24-2019, 11:53 AM   #37
DGthe3
Moderator.ca

Drives: 05 Grand Am GT
Send a message via MSN to DGthe3
Quote:
Originally Posted by 90503 View Post
"Cadillac’s powerful 3.0L Twin Turbo V-6 is available on Premium Luxury and Sport models, rated at an estimated 335 hp (250 kw) and 400 lb-ft of torque (542 Nm)5."

For a twin turbo V-6 isn't that a relatively weak hp number?....Heck, my FWD V-6 non turbo in my Impala has 305 HP.....just sayin' maybe torque is up but hp number for a v-6 twin turbo seems low....
It is low. 110 hp/L from an engine like that isn't pushing things at all. The CT6 has a 3.0L that makes 404 hp/400 ft-lbs & that came out a few years ago. My guess is that they tuned this new one heavily towards fuel economy rather than power. Or, maybe a bit less likely, wanted an engine that didn't cost quite as much as its 400+ hp cousin.
Quote:
Originally Posted by KMPrenger View Post
Well...it is a different animal considering its just a 3.0 versus a 3.6 V6 engine which is the engine most here think about, and the one used in the LF3 and LF4.

Sure...335 seems a tad low, considering the Camaro's stock V6 3.6 makes 335 HP, but not too bad when you consider a NA 3.0 V6 engine likely wouldn't be good for any more than 250 - 275 HP, but I don't really know of any run of the mill 3.0 V6 engines for reference.

But that torque number sounds excellent to me. I'd love to have that engine in my Colorado.
Thats about where I'd guess for a NA 3.0, assuming it has the same hp/L as the 3.6 GM uses (specifically, I figure 254 to 279)
My sister's dentist's brother's cousin's housekeeper's dog-breeder's nephew sells coffee filters to the company that provides coffee to General Motors......
........and HE WOULD KNOW!!!!

Camaro Fest sub-forum
DGthe3 is offline   Reply With Quote