View Single Post
Old 11-22-2021, 07:58 PM   #51
Martinjlm
Retired from GM

Drives: 2017 Camaro Fifty SS Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmitchell17 View Post
I would actually disagree, there have been no drastic changes and no radical innovative changes, just very small incremental changes. However, there have been huge changes and innovations in emissions controls but the market never forced huge changes as far as efficiency.

So just like HCCI has been pushed as the holy grail of gas simplicity and emissions with diesel efficiency, and all the promises of camless valve control in the early 2000s, they were just simply going to be too expensive for production and I don't see why it will be any different with batteries. Elon's $35k promise is almost $60k now.
Dang!! I had forgotten all about HCCI. And camless. I’m wondering if Solid State will be the HCCI of BEVs. The company that claims to be the farthest ahead in development of it is also the company that is the least enthusiastic about BEV. I’ll continue to watch this one.
A8 | MRC | NPP | Nav | HUD | GM Performance CAI | Tony Mamo LT1 V2 Ported TB | Kooks 1-7/8” LT Headers | FlexFuel Tune | Thinkware Q800 Pro front and rear dash cam | Charcoal Tint for Taillights and 3rd Brakelight | Orange and Carbon Fiber Bowties | 1LE Wheels in Gunmetal Gray | Carbon Fiber Interior Overlays | Novistretch bra and mirror covers | Tow hitch for bicycle rack |

Martinjlm is offline   Reply With Quote