View Single Post
Old 11-22-2021, 05:07 PM   #49
Devstrike

Drives: 2020 Camaro LT1
I think this is relevant to the discussion. Dodge as a brand they are in a unique situation unlike the Camaro or Mustang. With the Mustang or the Camaro if those cars go away or go full EV they are under the same brand name as the their trucks IE F Series or Silverados. Dodge that is not the case they have the Challenger, Charger and the Durango.

The Dodge Brand's Ceo Tim Kuniskis has a big problem he has to deal with a split consumer base one that despises a full EV in the performance vehicles they have available and those that are willing too. I doubt Dodge can afford to lose that many customers and still remain relevant to Stellantis.

Here is a quote Kuniskis made recently.
"I'm juggling knives because I've gotta keep two different huge factions happy because at some point those two factions will converge. The problem is no one knows when they will converge. My job is to provide confidence, over the next 24 months, that we're gonna do this."

I will be linking a motortrend article below but this paragraph is below the quote above.

Dodge will reveal three vehicles of significance to all buyers, wherever they fit on the spectrum, Kuniskis says. Other pending vehicles will appeal to the more niche brotherhood of muscle, appeasing them even as plans have already been made to stop making the high-performance gasoline-engine vehicles Dodge is known for today.

This is something I predicted with Dodge when Stellantis wanted to make the move to EVs and we aren't even at Ram yet which I think will be their biggest hurdle to go Full EV since that is their US markets bread and butter although they can fit an EV to go with the ICE counterparts easier than Dodge.

I wish Dodge and Stellantis the best of luck because convincing a big customer base to buy something they don't want to buy probably is not going to work in the time frame they want it too. This isn't like the Point a to b Vehicles like a Toyota Corolla where no one cares if it goes electric as long as they have a garage/place to charge it at home and it looks like they are starting to see this now where Stellantis should have seen it before.

Makes you wonder how many Mustang or Camaro buyers would readily accept a full EV option of those cars or in the Camaro's case there might be a replacement. I would not be surprised if Ford is paying attention to this I wonder if GM is too.

You can lead a horse to water.....

Here is the article from Motortrend.
https://www.motortrend.com/news/dodg...Yvz17Yo5lVrbeU

Last edited by Devstrike; 11-22-2021 at 05:29 PM.
Devstrike is offline   Reply With Quote