View Single Post
Old 06-01-2021, 06:33 AM   #75
classicrockr
Pills are for Pansies

Drives: 2023 2SS Red Hot Vert Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by cengell View Post
Well bad news is that my 2017 Camaro is 8 months past it's bumper to bumper warranty, so it happened about a few weeks ago and yesterday I had time to go by my local dealer and also purchased the GM extended warranty, well I told the service that I heard a sound on my left ear and that night I took a look and that panel sliding door is stuck and now is open and won't close. So I think I was out of the original warranty he called the GM Ext hotline and I asked I think that ext warranty should cover the convertible components right?

Well after about 30 minuets I was right in front of him they could not confirm that that issue was covered and it will cost me $100 diagnostic fee if's it's not covered! I feel that this is on them not me to confirm it's covered but they will need a tech to look and to diagnose the issue after I told him that it's the sliding panel. So I recall reading about this and thanks to others have a (CHEVROLET TSB #17NA357) not sure this means that it's not covered as a TSB or my GM ext warranty will or won't cover it anybody know! Also I had my car in before the 3 year 36K warranty was over last year and then did not know there was a TSB #17NA357 and maybe nor did my dealer? So is this at my cost to pay the $100 diagnostic fee if it's not or is this covered as a TSB?

Any suggestions or advice appreciated please... I am able to do some repairs and could repair this but won't remove that 1/2 top panel until I know that it's at my cost and GM won't repair it.

Thank you
Christopher
those sliding flaps are considered "Trim" items and are not covered by the extended warranty. I'm paying to get both mine replaced today
classicrockr is offline   Reply With Quote