View Single Post
Old 05-29-2021, 02:46 PM   #74
cengell

Drives: 2017 2LT Garnet Red
2017 Camaro Drivers Side 1/2 Convertible panel broke!

Well bad news is that my 2017 Camaro is 8 months past it's bumper to bumper warranty, so it happened about a few weeks ago and yesterday I had time to go by my local dealer and also purchased the GM extended warranty, well I told the service that I heard a sound on my left ear and that night I took a look and that panel sliding door is stuck and now is open and won't close. So I think I was out of the original warranty he called the GM Ext hotline and I asked I think that ext warranty should cover the convertible components right?

Well after about 30 minuets I was right in front of him they could not confirm that that issue was covered and it will cost me $100 diagnostic fee if's it's not covered! I feel that this is on them not me to confirm it's covered but they will need a tech to look and to diagnose the issue after I told him that it's the sliding panel. So I recall reading about this and thanks to others have a (CHEVROLET TSB #17NA357) not sure this means that it's not covered as a TSB or my GM ext warranty will or won't cover it anybody know! Also I had my car in before the 3 year 36K warranty was over last year and then did not know there was a TSB #17NA357 and maybe nor did my dealer? So is this at my cost to pay the $100 diagnostic fee if it's not or is this covered as a TSB?

Any suggestions or advice appreciated please... I am able to do some repairs and could repair this but won't remove that 1/2 top panel until I know that it's at my cost and GM won't repair it.

Thank you
Christopher
cengell is offline   Reply With Quote