View Single Post
Old 10-21-2017, 02:44 AM   #32
SoCal Racer

Drives: C4,C6 Z06,Silverado,'17 Red Hot ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Battlezone580 View Post
750 if that many are even ordered, the ZL1 1LE is for a unique buyer. Most people want the A10 and will go with the stock ZL1.

I have 1 of 3 ZL1 1LE's in the whole socal area.
I have seen 3 different ones at car shows (all different colors, so I am sure) and Rydell had 5 on delivery weeks ago, all pre-sold prior to arrival. I am sure some of the other dozens of dealerships have atleast sold a few more. There seems to be half a dozen members on the forum who have a ZL1 1LE from SoCal, but even then you can't assume that every ZL1/ZL1 1LE owner is on this forum...

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueSteel07 View Post
Seems odd that roughly 5,000 GT350s are made each year and they still have markups, while the ZL1 1LE will be limited to about 750, but there hasn't been much markups. Must be a lot more demand for GT350's than ZL1 1LE's.
In SoCal, it seems mostly the larger dealers have serious mark ups on GT350s. They can afford to let their inventory just sit in their Showroom. Galpin Ford likes to do that. They kept one on their floor for over 7 months before it disappeared. They wanted $20K over...crazy. Vista wanted $10k for theirs. I am sure each was sort of negotiable, but when you have those starting points, you will never get close to MSRP. Shelby owners love their number plates. Even if they were limited to 100,000 GT350s, they would still buy them. I am surprised that Chevy never likes to do that, but I guess they like to leave the door open, so if they have a huge demand they can always build more than the estimated number. For example, people on this forum know the magic ZL1 1LE #750, but the general public does not know that...on a GT350, they can read the number on the dash plaque which makes it special. If for some reason, everyone wanted a ZL1 1LE...Chevy can build more...they don't have to stop @ 750...they can build 5000 cars if their was a demand, but we know by past history there won't be. If you look at the 2017 ZL1 numbers, there aren't alot of whole numbers there...like 500 ZL1's or 1000...or 1200...they built as many as they can sell. Ford does not do that. They say we are building 500 GT350Rs (I don't know the actual number)...and that is it, makes the car special psychologically...

If someone really wants a GT350 now, try a smaller dealership. They are most likely willing to deal, especially if you are willing to buy a few options or maybe an extended warranty...or something. If all else fails there are a ton of used GT350s for sale all around SoCal and I am sure other places too. CarMax had over a dozen on their website...lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ehuerta View Post
I'll be 1 out of my guess 5 sold in So.Cal. TPW 10/23

Come out to Cali. these dealers out here wont sell at MSRP. penske manager said to start at 10K , WIN 5K , Rydell 2.5K still not as bad as 20K over for a GT350.
If you did not get it by now, you might be 1 of 25+ by the time you do in SoCal...still pretty rare, I guess. I am going to also guess with SEMA right around the corner many of these autoshops around here are prepping some in closed garages as well
SoCal Racer is offline   Reply With Quote