View Single Post
Old 12-06-2020, 11:05 AM   #29
EvilZL

Drives: 2018 Camaro ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bangkok_ZL1 View Post
Well ADR, Good luck with your business. I wish you the best. When I owned my custom shop (a 1 to 2 man custom extreme gift shop), I never ran my business like you. I helped everybody, every time and built nationwide rapport in Japan. And even when I couldn't earn a profit building a project for somebody, I'd always use a little of my time to try and point them in the correct direction for the type of work they wanted. Because on their next project, they'd almost always come to my shop; people are magnetized to a provider they believe will look after their best interests, even at a higher cost. After 10 years, I sold the business for 200K USD (160k in cash). There weren't any meaningful tangible assets, the place was rented and about 5-10k USD of inventory. The upstanding rapport of the shop enabled me to sell the namebrand and customer base for a nice profit. In business, your name means everything. Businesses that don't understand this concept soon become like the dinosaurs, extinct.
Well said!

I know when I am looking to do business with a shop, the first thing that turns me away is how their customer service is....no matter if I spent money or not!
I know a lot of people want to make sure they are going to be taken care first before dropping any kind of money there.
Example: I have spoken with Zach at Katech numerous times about quotes for engine kits, bolt on's etc. Zach has always returned my calls and emails every time I had a question or wanted to get his opinion on something. I was not pushed to the end of the line because I haven't spent any money there yet.
This will be the place that gets my business next year after winter is over with here in MI.
EvilZL is offline   Reply With Quote