View Single Post
Old 02-26-2020, 12:41 PM   #20
hotlap

Drives: 20 1LE 2SS M6 Rally Green
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRKS1D3 View Post
I don't think that most Camaro or Corvette owners believe their cars are collectibles. They are clearly not. The way I look at it is that there are better vehicle options when there is 6-12" of snow on the ground. A RWD, V8 powered, low-slung, pony car/sports car is not the best choice. It's your car, your money. Do as you please.

If I didn't have the finances to put multiple vehicles in my garage, I wouldn't own a Camaro or a Corvette due to the harsh, snowy winters in PA. IMHO, you don't buy a pair of pliers to drive a nail.

To each their own.

Where I live in Wisconsin, the plows don't let snow build up more than a few inches. With Sottozeros, I've been able to get through/out of the company parking lot without issues. I can keep up, or drive faster than traffic with confidence in how the car handles.

I bought one new performance car that I watched depreciate significantly while sitting parked and under a cover. No more.

I drive a Camaro every day because I can afford another car. My wife has a CUV for practical needs. My Camaro is my personal commuter car.

Its actually fun to drive a V8, RWD in the snow, rain, whatever and not care if it gets dirty. Its a cool, fun car that I'll use up and then get another.

"the trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so.”
Ronald Reagan -
hotlap is offline   Reply With Quote