View Single Post
Old 11-08-2023, 12:22 PM   #6
Mark114

Drives: 2016 2SS Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by anthony_n View Post
I don’t know if this is a universal problem or not, but it’s really killing my momentum with tuning my ‘17 SS. The first time I used HP Tuners to flash my ECU/“write vehicle”, I just about had a heart attack because it wouldn’t start. I thought I had done irreparable damage to my car until I read a post over on HP Tuners where someone just had to wait 10-15 minutes or disconnect/reconnect the battery to get the car to start again. Well, now every single time I write an updated tune to my ECU, I have to wait at least 10 minutes before the car will start. Any earlier, and it will just sputter and die after I press start. Is this a known/common issue with HP Tuners? I’m getting kinda frustrated with this whole process and don’t wanna twiddle my thumbs for 10 minutes every time I write a new calibration to my ECU. Any advice or known fixes? Thanks!
I occasionally had similar issues uploading tunes into my 2016 2SS earlier this year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtblckmaro View Post
I remember having that issue the first couple of times. To bypass that wait time, it's become habit for me to turn the motor off, turn on accessory power, write the file, turn off accessory power, turn on accessory power, then start the car. Small inconvenience, but it's a total of 5 button presses:
1. Engine off (if the car is running, which it usually is)
2. Accy on / write
3. Accy off
4. Accy on
5. Engine start
This sequence seemed to work for me. I would still occasionally have a problem starting after loading the tune. I would always clear any DTCs that came up and then the car would always start normally on the second attempt.

Quote:
Originally Posted by anthony_n View Post
Thanks, I’ll give that order a try! If my issue persists, I may do a little more digging into what could be causing it.
If you continue to have problems then maybe tell us what version of HP Tuners and which OBD device you’re using to upload the tune.
Mark114 is offline   Reply With Quote