View Single Post
Old 11-11-2013, 11:17 PM   #9
Ivan @ Southwest Speed

Drives: '15 Z06, '01 NBM SS, '97 SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by OldJedi View Post
Ivan, beautiful job on this build. Is the black hood stripe painted gloss black or is it the optional Corvette vinyl hood stripe? I guess I am just too old fashioned to get into the high mount deck spoiler but I am sure that i will appeal to some others. Job nicely done.
Thanks Jedi. I'm old and still think it's a bit over the top but the render looked good with it on and some of the sponsors love it so....for now, it's industrial taped to the decklid so that we didn't have to drill holes in it. Completely removable at this point in time.

The black is gloss black paint that was added to the hood and roof panel. I'll have to post a pic of the car from the top to get the entire effect. Comes to the back like a semi teardrop. To garner the lines and recreate that old school Stingray feel.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stingray View Post
And I love those Vossen CVT Directional wheels!

Except Ivan, correct if I'm mistaken... shouldn't they be revolving the other way around (same forward-looking direction like below on the black C7)?
Counter-clockwise if on left side, while clockwise if on right side?

Hehe! Finally somebody caught it. Not naming names, but somebody in our camp thought that it would be interesting to mount them that way. Not sure that these wheels will stay on the car either but it was really cool to have Vossen step up and help us out with a set that kept the car looking classy and tight. I know originally everybody wanted a wheel with a deep dish but timelines got the best of it and this was the best foot forward option that we had so we ran with it. I personally love the finish on the wheel. Looks like a brushed gunmetal. Just awesome.

Thank you all and appreciate the comments...stay tuned for more later next week as we start getting the "really nice" parts.

Ivan @ Southwest Speed
Ivan @ Southwest Speed is offline   Reply With Quote