View Single Post
Old 03-23-2019, 05:08 PM   #12
silversleeper
Big Crow

Drives: '13 ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by BAH2SS View Post
I've checked valve cover gasket no sign of leak.
I have just installed the catch can a week ago
The car was beat on on the Dyno and approx 4-5 times on the streets while having the supercharger and mostly 2nd and 3rd gear pull. As i mentioned before the owner did not make the build for racing. He did it for showing.

My AFR is 13.2 with 27 degree timing using 98 octane. Hi have zero issues no knock or detention.
I did go for a step colder plug with the same gap.
Yes cylinder 7 is among those photos. Also i did a leak down test and compression test both came out great. Compression test results was 155 after 3 cranks and was going higher.
If my compression is low wouldn't it affect power?
Car dynoed 425 whp and 430 lb.ft

That's what I've read on for ther Corvette forums and ls1 tech. Some people did mention the torque specs and mamy said it's basically condensated gas mixed with some carbon or oil vapour.

I went with the Z06/Zr1 plugs. AC DELCO 41-104 same gap as ls3 but one step colder.

Thanks all for the input, much appreciated.

Personally i am guessing valve seal and guide might be my issue. What do you guys think?
What confuses me is that the electrode (tip) is clear no sign of fouling, if there was a problem with the ring wouldn't the foul the plug it self? Or have some signs on the tip (electrode)?
There were some posts above me while I was typing my reply before. Don already answered you.
Horsepower doesn't drop much with that much compression ratio. I've seen dead cylinders with more like 65 or 80psi.
If you care to do more reading on that topic I researched it trying to determine what is ok or not with airplane piston engines. They say it is more determined by how much oil you consume than the exact psi. The hp doesn't change so much with partially lower cr's.
Yes if the rings were very bad I'd expect more oil burn on the plugs, that is why I asked if you posted #7.
The air fuel and spark changes depending on engine load and rpm.
Valve guide problem I don't think so.
Valve seat sealing I would not think as likely because you mention increased oil consumption which typically would be valve guides or rings.
Relax and enjoy it.
silversleeper is online now   Reply With Quote