View Single Post
Old 08-02-2010, 11:28 AM   #67
boxmonkeyracing
juggernaut

Drives: VRSCF, 2011 SS vert
Send a message via AIM to boxmonkeyracing Send a message via Yahoo to boxmonkeyracing
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ltespd View Post
Wait a minute...If you look at the CTSV stats tested by Motortrend the same mag you used to test the Grand Sport. You'll see the stats are almost identical. 12.3 in the 1/4@117 mph. 0-60 in 4.0 secs. The power to weight rato is the same for the CTSV and the GS.
Now if you put the 556hp CTSV engine in a 4000lb Camaro. (current weight is 3800lbs.) The power to weight ratio is a lot better for the Camaro. If the Camaros HP comes in at 575HP or more...obviously the advantage grows. Expect to see 2012 Z28s in the 11's in the 1/4.
But having said all that. I think the GS is a nice car. I hope you enjoy it. I personally would wait for the Z/28. Unless of course you can get both.
there's more to drag racing then power to weight. yes it plays a huge part but so does gearing. you can have a high out put motor and 2.73 gearing and a decent output motor and have 4.10's and the cars weight about the same. . .who do you think is going to win the acceleration competition? the one with better gearing. granted you also have the transmission gearing/shift points to play with. but over all it's not just simple power to weight ratio.
boxmonkeyracing is offline   Reply With Quote