View Single Post
Old 10-06-2013, 11:14 AM   #23
kwhizz

Drives: 60's Muscle
So.....Now I'm getting excited.......All the issues are close to being exposed......I go to move the engine into the car and one of my Chinese casters on my Chinese made Engine Lift decide break off at the swivel plate.......I hope the Company that made that extra money by selling me that piece of Chinese "Crap" is happy.......as I am stupid for buying it.......Damm......I'm this close and dead in the water.......LOL..........I end up welding everything back together and continued back on..........My biggest concern was if the Supercharger would fit under the stock hood.......I didn't bolt the trans on at this time as I know I will have to do some hammer clearance and just wanted to deal with the engine issues first.........Since the stock Camaro exhaust manifolds worked out perfectly in the Impala.....I thought I would give them a try here also, But......it seems the mounting flanges are about a 1/4" per side too wide to fit in the frame as installed on the engine.....so I removed them for a future modification.........I dropped the engine right in at this point.....plenty of pan clearance and it appears there is plenty of clearance on top so the hood should clear also.............Feeling pretty good right about now.....The stock Chevelle frame engine mounts extent forward of the crossmember and everything fits.......But.....they get in the way of the oil cooler fitting and take up space needed for my A/C compressor .....(Can't mount the Compressor high because of the Supercharger Belt system).....so......after getting the trans in.....I'll make a new engine mounting system so the mounts are centered on the crossmember ...........Feeling Pretty good right about now!!.....

kwhizz is offline   Reply With Quote