View Single Post
Old 02-22-2019, 03:38 PM   #6282
DGthe3
Moderator.ca

Drives: 05 Grand Am GT
Send a message via MSN to DGthe3
Quote:
Originally Posted by 90503 View Post
That pesky Impala....Sales up 32 percent in January. Don't people know they are not supposed to want a full size four door sedan anymore?...lol...

What a concept....keep building cars that are still selling. The pent-up demand for all electrics just isn't going quite to plan as of yet...lol...First, you shouldn't end production of something that still sells in order to create an artificial demand for something not yet offered.
Impala sales since 2014

January 2014: 11,898
January 2015: . 9,214
January 2016: . 9,942
January 2017: . 5,972
January 2018: . 3,150
January 2019: . 4,158 (approx, based on +32% sales over 2018)

[sarcasm=on]
Yup, they've really turned things around. This utterly shatters the notion that people would rather have a crossover than a sedan. GM is going to have to add a 3rd shift in both Michigan and Oshawa plus call people in on weekends just to satisfy this newfound demand.
[sarcasm=off]

Instead of being a little more than 1/4 of what they were when the model debuted, they're now barely a third. On pace for around 50k units a year. Anything under 100k for an entry in such a mainstream segment by a big brand like Chevy is bad. For reference, thats right around where the Camaro is sitting ... and (rightly or wrongly) plenty of people consider the 6th gen to be a sales disaster. The Impala aught to be crushing the Camaro.

Also, what in the world are you talking about 'creating artificial demand for something not yet offered'?
My sister's dentist's brother's cousin's housekeeper's dog-breeder's nephew sells coffee filters to the company that provides coffee to General Motors......
........and HE WOULD KNOW!!!!

Camaro Fest sub-forum
DGthe3 is offline   Reply With Quote