View Single Post
Old 11-14-2017, 08:01 PM   #26
vtirocz

Drives: 2017 Camaro 1SS M6
Al,
I appreciate you and the team taking the time to provide us with that level of detail to answer the question. That really helps clear thing up! I will try this out again next chance I get.

Follow-up questions (if I may):
  1. Regarding this comment: "In Engineering terms, when triggered, there is an immediate torque control, with fuel and spark, for a given period of time. Then, a predictive control takes over using the throttle to control torque. This allows the driver to take advantage of fast torque control for a short period of time (e.g. during the shift) without heating up or damaging the catalyst over time." What's the max allowable time that the system can stay in torque control mode (throttle open, with fuel and spark controlling engine speed) before "predictive control" takes over and starts closing the throttle?
  2. What's the reason the SS and SS 1LE are tuned differently? Is it to ensure a smoother transition to the next gear (on the road course focused SS 1LE) at the expense of better acceleration potential (on the SS, with the inertia of the engine accelerating the car briefly as the clutch is released at the higher RPM)?

I agree with others that this level of detail should make it's way to the owner's manual or at least a performance supplement.

Again, thanks very much for the thorough answer!

Best 1/4 Mile: 12.24 @ 115.9 mph
vtirocz is offline   Reply With Quote