View Single Post
Old 01-25-2020, 03:59 PM   #39
L78toLT1

Drives: Hyper Blue 2016 2SS 6M
Quote:
Originally Posted by gtfoxy View Post
Awesome info, thank you.

I’ve followed some of your responses & when I’m ready to turn it up, & probably do a drop-in piston/rod kit, I will up the fuel system at the same time.

I do not have Eblend readily available near me so it will strictly be ran on 91-93 octane.

I’m not putting 800+ outside my eventual goals.
Gtfoxy, I feel qualified to advise as I have already been down the road that you're about to start down. First off, I strongly recommend working with Ted. His customer service is second to none. It was a real pleasure working with Ted and his guys on my build.
If I were starting over, one thing I believe I would do is to look into trading my car for a ZL1 before getting started. Once you're North of 700hp, your existing wheels and tires will be totally useless, your brakes will be marginal, if you drag race any at all, your stock driveshaft and axles won't be happy for long. Around 700 up is also where the LT1 pistons and rods get a little iffy. You will also need ZL1 high and low side pumps and injectors. By the time you add all this up, you can probably pick up a used ZL1 with comparable miles to your existing car and it will already have all this stuff. If you're an auto guy, you will also get the A10. One more advantage is you can sell the stock blower for a couple of grand.
I did all of my own work and I would still start with a ZL1 if I had it to do over again. If you pay a shop, I don't think you will ever make the business case for starting with an SS.
2016 Hyper Blue 2SS/6m/MRC/NPP/Silver Rally stripes/ZL1 wheels & brakes/GForce DS and axles/ZLE Cradle Bushings/FE4 ARB front & rear/SEMA Grill/Rotofab dry/95mm TB/Magnuson 2300/Full LT4 fuel system/JMS boost-a-pump/E85 Sensor/Ported CID heads from LME/Cammotion PD cam/Thompson Motorsports forged shortblock/catted Kooks 1 7/8 headers /JRE remote tuned
L78toLT1 is offline   Reply With Quote