View Single Post
Old 09-17-2015, 12:23 AM   #1
khabboub
Tampa Gulf Coast Family

Drives: Sold c7, in the market!
trade 2010 2LT for used C6 vette or C6 ss camaro?!

I need some quick advise. i have been searching all sorts of forums to try to figure out this answer

i found a full option 2010 corvette (LS3 not GS) with 26K miles on it for $31K and i am thinking of trading my 2010 cameo 2LT for it

my camaro, which has 80K miles, is starting to show its age, the transmission has become absolutely abysmal (i have had it rebuilt 2 times now). i mean it works and all, but it doesn't shift smoothly at all, and sometimes it pops out of 3rd gear. i am worried that by next year it will be un-drivable and require another rebuild, which i already got quoted at $1700 for. and there is a small crack developing in the dash board. you can only really see it if you are looking for it.

and i am nervous that when the new camaros come out, the 2010 camaro will go down in value a lot. my car is still worth around $15K.

i really want a 2016 2SS camaro, but those things will probably be around $40K, and with markups, they might just not be worth it.

i also noticed that corvettes don't really lose their value like cameras do. lots of 2009 corvettes with less options cost more than the vette i found.

i want to take this vette to a mechanical and get it looked at. if its not perfect, i think i will just buy a used 5th gen 2SS.

what do you guys think?

Last edited by khabboub; 09-17-2015 at 12:34 AM. Reason: more detail
khabboub is offline   Reply With Quote