View Single Post
Old 01-25-2019, 08:38 PM   #18
vtirocz

Drives: 2017 Camaro 1SS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shawnqa800720 View Post
One thing to ask if you get time with your sources again is the fact that the Camaro team did pair the 1LE wheels in the testing that Team Camaro performed in answer to your Ask Al question. I would assume they had the same information about tire size against control systems programming, and went forward with it anyway. Now the question is, did they reprogram for the 1LE wheels, or did they deem the change not impactful enough to bother with it??

I was honestly afraid of that answer though. With all the control systems these vehicles have and how well thought out they are, I'd have been pretty surprised if they didn't account for wheel size. With that said, it is obvious lots of folks have made these changes, and relatively little ill effect, but I'd assume in the hands of very experienced drivers, they may catch the issues.

What I am really curious about now is whether it is diameter ratio or absolute diameter that will impact the control systems. I don't really care if the speedo is off a bit. I do care if the control systems are off. My logic is telling me that keeping the ratio is the more important piece of the puzzle, but even there, if the algorithms are taking speed of the car into account against tire rotation speed / revs/mile, that could impact the correction measures the nannies would try to make. What a PITA! I guess I'm back to my exercise of finding the right tire/wheel alternate combo to keep closer to the absolute diameter and diameter ratio
In their testing of the suspension kits + SS 1LE wheels/tires, I would bet that they didn't mess with any tire size recalibration, especially if they know the customer can't change those parameter values (easily).

Best 1/4 Mile: 12.24 @ 115.9 mph
vtirocz is offline   Reply With Quote