View Single Post
Old 09-25-2013, 09:47 PM   #1606
Glen e
Retired from Car mfrs....

Drives: 2LT RS/HR-V
Quote:
Originally Posted by laborsmith View Post
Not weird at all. The 4000 plus status numbers are not specific even though they seem to be. And even when a pattern seems to emerge, it is only a seeming pattern.

I have posted before but it seems it bears repeating, the status level changes may appear to be linear and specific but they are NOT. They bounce around in a way that defies logic and some of them have more than one meaning and NO ONE to my knowledge has ever 100% figured them out. Lord knows I have tried.

Laborsmith
Just to add to this, the same exists for the BMW Plant in South Carolina. I worked for them for 24 years and retired, and all that time the codes jumped around like crazy. Simply because they are not built for customer, they are to be used internally and we get to look at them. But the codes are not tripped by some mechanical automatic device as they move thru their system, they are applied when human interaction moves them. A bit murky, but production does not really do it so you can understand it and track it. After struggling with it for years to inform customers, I tried to just peg the "ETA to dealer" and forgot about everything else....