View Single Post
Old 07-21-2022, 12:19 PM   #8
Nick S

Drives: 2013 Camaro 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by MIKZ28 View Post
Here is a picture with the 2015 Camaro SS struts installed instead of the original DSSV F1 struts. Measurments are as follows: The bottom of the front splitter is now exactly 6 inches from the ground. The top middle of the front wheel arch is exactly 28 inches from the ground. The top middle of the rear wheel arch is exactly 28 1/4 inches from the ground. After a week of driving the ride is firm and slightly more rigid than the 2010 1SS I had before. Probably due to the fact that the Z/28 has firmer body and suspension bushings than the 1 SS had. I could not detect any excess body roll and exit ramps at twice normal speed were easily acheaved with no trouble. I am very happy with the ride improvement. Since the install 1 week ago I have had no issues or codes and will probably get a wheel alignment soon however it feels as if none is needed.
Looks fairly normal. I'm sure next to another Z/28 it may look taller then but I can't really see a big difference looking at yours by itself. If it accomplished what you wanted out of your car then it sounds like it is working great for you. Congrats!