View Single Post
Old 07-12-2022, 01:34 PM   #4
MIKZ28

Drives: 2015 Camaro Z/28 #311
I guess a further explanation of why I have done what I did is needed. After I sold my 2010 1SS after 6 years and 85K miles I had decided I would eventually buy another camaro. I am not a fancy features guy. I like performance and only performance features on my car if possable. I could care less about blue tooth, GPS, power this and that. That is why I bought a 1SS in the first place. Well the 6th gen 1SS had only about 25 more horses than my 2010 and I was looking for more. I knew the 6th gen was a few hundred pounds lighter and that was nice but i was still looking for more power. I thought about the ZL1 but not only was it way out of my price range it had all the fancy crap on it I didn't want. And also a complicated suspension system and supercharger. I have always thought that the more crap that is on a car, the more there is to go wrong. I have always liked simple performance with a great power to weight ratio. Long story short Chevrolet was not building the camaro I wanted. A 1SS with the 427. Thus steps in the fifth gen Z/28. #1 lightweight, #2 No frills performance, #3 427 motor, #4 affordable. At the time I bought my Z prices for low mileage examples were selling for $33K-$38K. A steal at the time. I admit I probably ignored the fact that this was a factory track car. Many cars have been designed for track use but people bought them for the street anyway. I didn't realize how far chevrolet had gone with their track design on the Z/28. I found this out after I had purchased one. I still do not regret my decision to purchase one. I have to admit I also like the rarity of the Z as I like to be noticed when I drive. I like the idea of treading lightly but carrying a big stick. Just a quirk of mine. We all have reasons for the things we do. These are mine.
MIKZ28 is offline   Reply With Quote