View Single Post
Old 06-02-2017, 08:07 AM   #23
christianchevell
old school chevy rodder

Drives: 2013 2SS/RS Manual,DM exhaust,CRT
Wire crimping into a tube of most often aluminum a soft metal does not end well often ending up with over crimping causing broken wires and connectors and also under crimping most likely with the wires slipping out or shorting....... basically something that has to be absolutely perfect and then you never want to tug on a wire ever..... I always braid splice old school ....then redirect the wrap of electric tape or shrink heat tube to make the left over wire of the splice opposite the direction it may ever be pulled on.

Electrical switches are often shot quickly on door panels also as they get exposed to rain over time and corrosion more than other electrical in a car. Two things to consider, I think I have seen the door control unit sold fairly cheap via GM parts warehouse...etc replaced on here. Good Luck I would check popping hter foor panels with a panel removing set and look up posts on here form people removing the panels...often to replace the painted inserts.