View Single Post
Old 04-24-2012, 10:23 AM   #14
GunnyG
Da WHALE

Drives: 2014 Stingray, 2015 Panamera 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivan @ Southwest Speed View Post
I had the same issues happen to me while going on and off base down at NAS Pcola and Eglin AFB.

Both times they told me that my lights were "red" in front.

I asked one of the guys to step back and compare them to the red ones in rear and he really quick said "yup, they're amber, you're good."

The guy at NAS stopped me once a week at least to "take a closer look" I think that he just wanted to check out the car since he never actually gave me a ticket or warning.

But those were the only issues/times that I've had that in my 47k miles of driving in over half of the country.

Has to be a personal preference thing when it comes to being stopped like this.

Keep us posted on your dealings and good luck Gunny.
Ivan
Ivan, that's what I tried to do. I can clearly tell the difference. When this officer looked, he said "the front are red, the back are redder". Then he had me turn on my blinker. He said, that's amber. I tried to explain the difference between halogen blinker, and LED sidemarker electrons...but he wasn't trying to hear it. He accused me of calling him color blind. I just pm'd AACStyle for a write up. Hopefully that helps. My brother's a LA detective, this is in no way bashing CHP. I just think he was wrong.

I haven't had any problems driving on base. Only a few more months of that, and I retire. I was down TAD to Pcola back in 2007 for 4 months. Had a great time, Seville Quarters or Seville Square I believe was the district. Awesome!