View Single Post
Old 04-05-2014, 04:53 PM   #11
C7Driver

Drives: 2014 Z51 Lime Rock Green
Got a chance to remove the passenger side tires and found very small cracks on both tires. The cracks where in the treads. No cracking on the sidewalls. I have to say they appear cosmetic.
That said, I drove to my local Michelin dealer last Thursday. The person I needed to speak with wasn't there. The person I did speak with said he can tell me what the other guy would say. Basically, this tire dealer says I have to BUY a new set of the Michelin Super Sport Summer tires. The dealer will then ship my factory tires (now with 217 miles on them) back to Michelin and they will decide if the tires have defects. If so, I would get a refund for the new tires I bought. That's NOT going to happen.
I told the tire guy this was not acceptable. He agreed with me but said that's the way it would have to be.
I have the option of going back to my dealer or trying a 2nd Michelin tire dealer for a 2nd opinion.
The driver side front tire has the most noticeable crack. (Photo attached.) During a 91 mile drive earlier this week, with temps in the mid-50's, the tires were quiet and the car drove like it was on rails.
That's it for now.
Attached Images

C7Driver is offline   Reply With Quote