View Single Post
Old 12-28-2017, 10:10 PM   #4
Gunmetal Speedster

Drives: Savitar; The 500rwhp N/A Monster!
Quote:
Originally Posted by DGthe3 View Post
I'm going to guess that in that particular case, there was a mistake made. Since its 1 giant forum, all subforums are listed in a single group when moving threads. So its fairly easy to accidentally move threads to a sister section on one of the other sites, especially if its low on the list. Sometimes you jump past the Camaro5 group and into the Camaro6 or Corvette7 group. I've caught myself a few times sending threads over to Corvette7 by mistake.

Other times, if its something that is part of the shared 'Members Area' portion of the site (Off-topic, General Automotive, Fest, etc) it only looks like its on the other site. All threads in that group are visible to everyone, no matter where they're coming from.

As for merging duplicated threads ... I don't understand the problem. If a topic belongs on Camaro6, why woudn't you want to talk about it on Camaro6?
That makes sense. But for the last part there, I guess my reply would be that if a thread is started on Camaro6 and not in a shared portion of the site, us users here on Camaro5 don't see that it's already created. That's one reason it could be a duplicate. So if it's merged with a Camaro6 thread that we didn't know existed before, should we miss that it got merged, we might just assume it was deleted and no longer be able to contribute to it. I can't speak for everyone, but myself thought Camaro6 to be for 6th gen camaro owners to talk about whatever and Camaro5 the same for 5th gen camaro owners, not that in order to discuss a topic concerning the opposite generation camaro that you need to switch forums entirely to discuss it. I can see how that would be useful in keeping clutter down but may be confusing to those of us who thought Camaro6 to be a completely separate forum and that we would still be able to post and discuss 6th gen related topics here.

Which really isn't an issue, I don't find myself wanting to create threads or view threads concerning the 6th gen as I don't have one lol the main concern was 5th gen related threads being moved to another forum but you've already addressed that, so thank you!
*SOLD*504HP/433TQ | Night Fury cammed • Cold Air Inductions intake • Bo White ported TB • Speed Engineering 1 7/8 longtubes • NPP catback • QTP low profile cutouts • Powerbond 25% UDP • 3.73 gears • JRE scoop • ZL1 grille • R1 Concepts drilled/slotted rotors • built/tuned by Weapon X Motorsports
Gunmetal Speedster is offline   Reply With Quote