View Single Post
Old 11-28-2013, 07:59 AM   #10
purpleRac3r

Drives: 1974 & 2014 Corvette Stingrays
I agree with you 100% on the safety issue, and have convinced my dealer to make other Stingray purchasers aware of it, as several plan to drive theirs daily like I do. That is why I have already ordered my all-season tires, and will have them on the car early next week.

Yes, I see that the Michelin website does not list any all-season tires in the Stingray sizes. It is very common in the automotive world to get product out and THEN update advertising material such as websites. Our Stingray is a prime example: people have been taking delivery and driving them for two months prior to the availability of the dealer brochures! So, just because Michelin's website doesn't yet list all-season tires for the Stingray it doesn't mean they don't exist. It just means that in the corporate world, website updating is a bit behind the curve.

Below is a screen shot I took just 20 minutes ago of Tire Racks list of tires for the Z51 sizes. It clearely shows Michelin Pilot Sport A/S 3 as available in both required sizes., along with two other all-season tires and even one snow tire -all of which are available. I've dealt with Tire Rack many times over the years, and they have not been misleading yet. If they list a tire as available, they have them in stock.

I'm not trying to put anyone down, and I hope you don't take any if this the wrong way. My goal here is to help everyone enjoy their Stingrays safely throughout the winter season. This is all the result of hours of research over the past few weeks, and I simply wish to share my findings. I will happily post photos of the new tires next week once they are on the car. And I will happily admit my error if that should be the case.
Attached Images

'74 Stingray coupe, heavily modified, as seen in August 2011 VETTE magazine, 2014 Stingray Z51 #196, ordered 02/11/13, built 08/29/13, Museum Delivery 10/04/13, driven daily!

purpleRac3r is offline   Reply With Quote