View Single Post
Old 11-27-2013, 07:42 AM   #7
purpleRac3r

Drives: 1974 & 2014 Corvette Stingrays
In part, I think you're getting a couple of terms mixed up. "Winter" tires are the same as snow tires, and are designed specifically for driving in snow and slush. They usually have a significantly larger quantity of sipes (grooves or slots) in the tread pattern and often can be studded. Tire Rack does lists one brand in Stingray Z51 sizes, the Pirelli Sottozero, IN STOCK (new just in the past couple of days!).

On the other hand, "all-season" tires are designed to be driven in all conditions relatively well. They don't have quite the traction in snow that winter or snow tires have, but will be far superior to any summer-only tire. They won't have quite the ultimate grip the summer tires have, but you can drive them year round with no worries. Tire Rack lists the following all-season tires in Stingray Z51sizes, IN STOCK:

Bridgestone Potenza RE960AS Performance All Season
Michelin Pilot Sport A/S 3 Performance All Season - these are the ones I have on order, and they have shipped as of yesterday

I wouldn't take the fact that a search on Michelin's website didn't turn up a result as the end-all answer. My Stingray was built before Chevrolet's website had their "build your own" up and running or pricing listed. I've ordered numerous parts over the years before they've shown up on manufacturers' websites. A number of websites in the aftermarket still don't even list 2014 models of any car, yet we all know the '14s are indeed out there on every new car lot. In this case, I have no doubt these tires are available for the Stingray.

Maybe you inadvertently entered the wrong tire sizes?
'74 Stingray coupe, heavily modified, as seen in August 2011 VETTE magazine, 2014 Stingray Z51 #196, ordered 02/11/13, built 08/29/13, Museum Delivery 10/04/13, driven daily!

purpleRac3r is offline   Reply With Quote