View Single Post
Old 09-12-2021, 06:29 PM   #364
Phil 2018SS

Drives: 2018 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by arpad_m View Post
Take it to a reputable dealership with a competent service department ASAP and have them perform TSB 18-NA-355 (download it from here for your reference) and fill the transmission with the latest Mobil 1 Synthetic LV ATF HP transmission fluid (part number 19417577). I'm not sure you are able to perform this adequately, just read that TSB and see for yourself what it involves. One can do it partially, sure, but that may not be sufficient.

Once this is done, drive the car 200-250 miles and watch like a hawk for signs of the shudder returning—should that happen, head back to the dealership and request a new torque converter plus a fill with the new fluid. This will take care of the problem.

Overall this transmission is a very good and strong unit, mine for example works like a dream. It's quite unfortunate that GM messed up the torque converter and the tune.
I had the shudder on my 2018 Camaro SS at 4000 miles. The dealer did what they called a triple flush with the new fluid and that resolved the issue. I believe they retuned the TCM as well. When the car was new I could lightly accelerate in V4 mode 5 or 10 miles an hour. After the shudder started that is where it did it. After the TSB there was no accelerating in V4. It immediately went to V8 and the shudder was gone. IMO that is how the trans should have been setup from the beginning. The 6.2 with an A8 behind it is great drive train. It can handle the torque and shifts very quickly. Awesome setup.
Phil 2018SS is offline   Reply With Quote