View Single Post
Old 07-16-2021, 08:05 AM   #9
Norm Peterson
corner barstool sitter

Drives: 08 Mustang GT, 19 WRX
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silveradoss573 View Post
They should've installed the coolers on all the GT350's. But at the same time, it's the owners faults as well knowing that when they bought a base GT350 or one with the technology package that no coolers were added from the factory nor available as a option. The base and the technology optioned ones was geared more for street and not so much track use.
Agreed. There isn't much question that somebody like me or any of the halfway serious track rats here or over on M6G would have come to the right decision all on our own. People more like my son-in-law who are more impressed by technology and less by track performance . . . probably not.

I'd have to go back a few years and look at the differential cooling issues at least, but I'm pretty sure it was already an identified problem just in the GT-level cars. Numerous posts/threads on how to solve diff overheating. So buyers could have been at least aware of the possibility . . . if they first went to the forums anyway.

On the other hand Ford had to have known, and been a bit more cautious in their advertising - even if all they did would have been to include an asterisked note indicating "Track Pack equipped cars only".

Apparently the court believes that although a savvy track day enthusiast would have recognized this particular shortcoming, a newbie to that activity might well not have been. People who bought their GT350 because of its name and history, only deciding to try tracking afterward.

Given that buyers tend to buy Tech Packages in anything (IIRC, the Tech Package was actually legally required for GT350 sale in a couple of states), there's blame to be spread around here.

Norm