Thread: Broken tonneau
View Single Post
Old 02-23-2017, 09:52 PM   #12
blpadge2

Drives: 2016 Camaro Convertible 2SS
Latest update.

The 2nd part that was to be ordered yesterday and in by today doesn't exist. The service reps words were "that GM didn't expect that to break under warranty and doesn't have any pieces in stock in any parts depot. Either they will have to have the vendor fabricate one just for me, or they will have to get one off the assembly line in Lansing."

At this point the service rep wanted me out of the loaner until his parts manager could track down the piece. He said the car would be fine to drive except not to put the top down and for me to come pick it up until then. WTF? Why did I just spend an extra 5K to begin with, plus this weekend will again be perfect ragtop weather. I'm like I live 45 min from the dealership and with my job I just can't knock off at the drop of a hat and run the car back and forth to the service bay. So at least I made them delivery the car since I had no desire to waste 2 hours time getting it back and it it still not working.

I mean it was nice to have my V8 rumble back driving home from work, but now it is going back in my garage until whenever GM gets off their @$$ and gets the part I need to the dealer. And I will be eating the dealer's phone line up until they get my car right.
blpadge2 is offline   Reply With Quote