View Single Post
Old 02-12-2018, 09:48 AM   #10
chozn4service

Drives: 2016 SS w/2SS A8 Blue Velvet
So at PRI30, I was able to speak to the GM/Chevy guys for 3 days and it was a great exchange of info for me! If you're ever available to attend the PRI Trade Show in Indy you should. Hook up with a vendor, builder or shop and go with them. This really is a huge show that has everyone who is a 'Who's Who' in the business of cars and specifically race cars.
I was initially thinking of getting ZL1 or 1LE specific parts but they told me they engineer and design the Performance Parts specifically for the car, thus the parts they suggested for me were engineered for the SS which I have and they said the MRC is a nice feature but it creates limits as to what can be done to the car as far as lowering and other things. They showed me the parts that would better serve me for looks, precision drop, handling, ride comfort over just adding springs and compressing the shocks and struts not actually designed for that other aftermarket application. They said obviously it can be done but there are variables they just don’t in account which can cause decreased longevity in parts made to last a long time.

So I’ve added some pics of the catalog for 2018 as well as what they told me what’s best for my car and provided to my by Matthew Rominski at TCPG where I find great prices on GM parts, fast shipping!:

Waiting for weather to break for installation:

Lower kit

FE4 Sways and end links

The remaining pics are ZL1 and 1LE parts in the catalog:

Hope all this helps in everyone’s decision making.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited by chozn4service; 02-12-2018 at 10:22 AM.