View Single Post
Old 06-22-2017, 03:48 PM   #11
redcoats1976

Drives: LT W/2LT,blue metallic
Quote:
Originally Posted by Travis102 View Post
here is my update.
I have a 2010 Camaro rs. I have the v6 and like pretty much all the v6s of this year I now have the dreaded p0008 code. now I will let you know I drive my car. (that is what it was made to do) it has 116k on it now. so I took it to my local dealership. and they tell me the same old story. about not knowing that this was a problem. mind you from my postion near the garage I can see a buick enclave getting timing chains installed. after a short time the manager comes to tell me that it is in fact the p0008 code and it will cost 2000 to fix. but my friendly service manager will see what they can do to help. after a short talk with customer service they got the bill down to 800. while I was waiting to hear how much they could help me I ask a local mechanic how much he would charge to do the job. he would do it for the magical number of 800. (crazy right). well im not a rich person not even close. 800 bucks is a lot of money for me, I assume it is a lot for most ppl. It kills me to know that chevy KNOWS THEY HAVE A PROBLEM. lets face it they know cause they extended other cars warranties WITH THE SAME MOTOR FOR THE SAME PROBLEM. the Camaro was one of the cars that helped chevy dig out of one of the worst times in us history for them. We all went out and bought one THEY WERE AWESOME. but as a customers I guess we are just crap. I have hundreds of thousands of miles on chevy products. but I think its time to look at a Chrysler product. I bet after I post this everywhere I still wont get any response or help
a friends 2016 challenger v6 with 2000 miles on it burned to the ground in his driveway right after he started it.maybe a nice ford would be a better choice...
redcoats1976 is offline   Reply With Quote