View Single Post
Old 12-03-2019, 10:07 AM   #25
KMPrenger

Drives: 16 Camaro SS, 15 Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by JROC View Post
I like it. I also really like the Colorado and Canyon trucks. I do think GM should give the ZR2 more nuts. If not a smallblock V8 then a motor derived from the ATS-V's TT V6 would make for a very fun truck.
It would be awesome. I think it will happen...but not until next generation unfortunately. I'm feeling confident that Ford is going to bring the Ranger Raptor (also next generation) with the 2.7 turbo. If GM wants the ZR2 to be a Ranger Raptor equivalent, the next gen ZR2 is going to need more power, or at least the option for more power.

Man I'd want that so bad.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Expunge View Post
The ZR2 is already a mid 40K truck. You can get a fullsize 2020 Silverado 4x4 crewcab with a 6.2L for around the same price point.

As to the interior of the Colorado, I found my right knee kept hitting the center console and the wireless charger has a ridiculously small foot print where I could not set my Galaxy S9+

Hopefully with the refresh Chevy will address these issues.
Some people want what they want. For me, I'd rather take the power in a smaller package, but I know for many (or most) they want the full size no matter what. As for pricing, If you want a ZR2 like Silverado crew cab (which does not yet exist) with a 6.2, even with rebates I'd expect it to be at least 5 to 10K more expensive than a ZR2 crew, which can be had for upper 30s right now.

The refresh is not going to address any interior changes per my understanding.