View Single Post
Old 03-22-2015, 04:25 PM   #11
quick67bird

Drives: 2015 Corvette, 1967 Firebird etc
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vette Pax View Post
In the summer of 2001 we ordered a new C5 from a local dealer and the only options we specified were the automatic transmission and the Museum Delivery. I was communicating with the Museum regularly. Right before 9/11 the Museum Delivery contact could not find our car in the build schedule. Then right after 9/11 the dealer sales guy calls me and says that our car is in-at the dealer! I told him that we had Museum Delivery and he said that due to 9/11 the Museum stopped doing that. I emailed the Museum and was told that such was not true. After a few more lies from the salesman and the sales manager, they finally admitted that the clerk who entered the order left the R8C code off our order! I asked for an immediate refund of or deposit and they agreed. I wrote a letter to the owner of the dealership informing him of the screw-up and the lies told by the rep and manager. The owner called me to apologize and made no attempt to solicit our business again. We intend to have a more successful outcome for our 2016 this time. We have learned a lot on this great forum.
We may just leave the car at the dealer, but what is frustrating is that it is no skin off the dealers back because it is a beautiful car and it will sell do to demand. We are the ones who are out 6 months worth of waiting for a car that we wanted.

Like you we have learned a lot. We will see how this dealership handles the screw up once they figure out where the mistake occurred.
Attached Images

quick67bird is offline   Reply With Quote