View Single Post
Old 08-14-2018, 06:34 PM   #22
acammer
GPI Sales Consultant

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS SGM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1JEWLDSSRS View Post
Hey there again acammer, nice to chat with you again! You post some really great stuff man! Still lovin this Mishimoto 169 stat I installed thanks to you sir! Now I am doing this solid bushing swap because the rear just moves to much for my liking with this new cam setup I have, so I decided to do these, got a great price from JDP Motorsports. I went up to my dealership, they have a couple guys that do all the performance stuff and they are great, but their system doesn't show how long it takes to do this, I found a vid on youtube using the jack and heat method. How did you do it that it took only about 2 hours? That would be awesome if you could share that for me. Once again thanks for quality information.
With the car on a lift, we used the heat and jack method. Took the lower shock bolts out, then took each subframe bolt out one at a time and then back in 5 turns. Then took one out completely, put a socket between the body and bushing, and then jacked on the cradle and heated it up. Both front ones dropped out easy, the backs took just a little more time.
GPI Max Package 2.0: Brodix BR7 heads/GPI porting, MAX3 cam, ST2116LSR, BSR Max Lift rockers, LS7 LSXR with 103mm TB, Vararam OTR, Mcleod RXT, G-Force/Strange 9" IRS setup with 4.63 gear. 551whp, 11.1@124mph.
Got a question about a GPI product? Feel free to shoot me a message!
acammer is offline   Reply With Quote