View Single Post
Old 01-17-2019, 05:41 PM   #13
shibbs
Captain Gingerbeard

Drives: 2012 IOM RS/SS 6MT
So I stopped by a local dealer and drove the ZR2 Diesel.... I mostly drove it because I was trying to talk myself out of it since the wife is super pestering me to get a Blazer because it looks very very good.
--I LOVE IT--
Damn, I can't believe how nice it drives, even with the knobby tires. Sales guy was super cool, let me bomb it over a few curbs, let me test the locking diffs in the back gravel lot... Yeah, it's an EXTREMELY capable vehicle. I was less than impressed with the length of time it takes the transmission to kick down, but I'm hoping a tune will address that. There's always the manual override buttons as well if need be. I wish they offered this thing with a manual trans, then it would be a no-brainer.

I looked at the Durango and a few Jeeps...... Initially they look super awesome... I just worry how the interior will hold up. Also, it's a FIAT, and I know their reputation for quality and how they treated the 2014-2016 Cherokee buyers. Hard pass on that.

Now, the only other GM vehicle I'd go for would be a 4x4 regular cab, regular box 2018 Silverado with a 4.8 or a 5.3, but that's a unicorn. (I have a small garage, so dual cab is out)
Pedders Coilovers, BMR trailing arms and toe-links, Prothane solid poly subframe bushings, JDP Motorsports rear upper control arm bushings, Texas Speed long-tube headers with 2" primaries, modified fully 3" Magnaflow competition catback. CAI cold-air intake. DBA rotors, Hawk pads.

Quote:
'Hellcat' sounds like some kinda 15 year old furry with liek "I'm a blue fox with wings and magical kawaii powers" kind of sh*t.
shibbs is offline   Reply With Quote