View Single Post
Old 09-07-2010, 02:00 AM   #1
dtm4192

Drives: 2002 Camaro Z28
Unhappy No longer a Camaro owner :-(

Ok so here's the story. This actually happened about 2 weeks ago now but I just never got around to letting you guys know. For the past few months my dad and I had been fighting pretty much once a week. Eventually it got to the point one day that I didn't come home after work and just slept in the Camaro (not very comfortable in case you're wondering). A couple days later I talked to my mom and asked if she would let me move in with her (I hadn't talked to her in at least 4 years but I had no other choice). The next day I left my dad's house. Since I got my Camaro when I was 17 we had to put it in my dad's name completely even though he never paid a penny of it. Since it was in his name he wouldn't let me take it and if I did take it he threatened to report it stolen and have me arrested. So I let him keep it. From what I understand he's just going to let the bank repo it. Like I said now I'm living with my mom and I used some of the money I had saved up for a down payment on a 2005 Silverado. I thought about getting a used Camaro or Vette but I figured it would never be as good as what my Camaro was and I'd end up hating the thing. With the truck I can't really compare it to the Camaro (at least not fairly) and I also have 4 wheel drive which will be good for winter. I loved having that Camaro and I will miss her. I left a note under the bracket that holds the battery in for the new owner to find. Hopefully he/she will let me know how she's doing. I had a lot of good memories with that car but honestly at my age a $543 car payment was pretty high even though I could easily afford it, it just didn't allow me to save to much. With the Silverado I'm saving almost $300 a month with car payment and insurance. I guess in the long run it'll work out even though I lost about $13,000 that I had already paid for the Camaro and all the insurance and other stuff that goes with it.
I have the payments on her made up until the 19th. I'm guessing sometime after that they'll come and take her. If you ever come across #2015 Victory Red no stripes 1LT/RS black cloth, auto, conveinence and connectivity with Injen intake, Flowmaster exhaust, and 1" lowering springs....PLEASE let me know! I don't have the money now to buy her back but I'd at least like to know where she is and maybe someday buy her again when I can financially. I'll still hang around on the forums just because I still love everything Camaro!

Again if you find her some place, please let me know where she is! Also my phone number is (717) 332-2675 and email is dtm4192@yahoo.com