View Single Post
Old 03-20-2013, 06:31 PM   #1
Jason@JacFab

Drives: 2016 1LT RS Camaro; 72 Chevelle
Send a message via AIM to Jason@JacFab Send a message via MSN to Jason@JacFab
What brand helmet do you have, and what are your thoughts on it?

After my trip to the track last weekend, I've been told my 22 year old Simpson Voyager helmet won't pass tech with it's SA90 rating. I honestly had no clue how old it was, or that it even mattered since no one had ever inspected it before.

I know there have been several threads previously about people asking about helmets, so I thought this might be a good idea to see what the track going C5 members use most, and what they think about the product they have... Hopefully this will also serve as a good info thread for people such as myself to base a decision on a new helmet purchase.

The Simpson Voyager I have has always been a great helmet. It was actually my fathers when he used to race door slammers, and a rail. I outgrew my old super voyager and kind of took over his old Voyager. I think it's Simpson's "entry level" economically priced helmet, but I've never had an issue with it... Nice and comfortable.

My big complaint is that it's always smashed into the roof because I have the sunroof option in my car so I've always got my head tilted to the side when racing... Has anyone (that's tall, and has a sunroof) come up with some magical helmet that's a little thinner than doesn't interfere with the roof?
Jason@JacFab is offline   Reply With Quote