View Single Post
Old 05-22-2013, 04:59 PM   #80
laborsmith

Drives: 1969 Corvair, 2018 Camaro T4 RS
Welcome to the true E Ride people who do retail sold orders, particularly pre-orders, which is what this thread is currently focusing on. Retail ordering can be a true roller coaster ride.

I am not sure when the last consensus in May takes place, I am guessing yesterday but it could be next Tuesday. For those who need refreshing: Consensus – The planning and forecasting of vehicles between the dealer and GM. A quantity of vehicles that a dealer requests for a given production period from GM. Based on GM data and constraints they may or may not receive the amount requested.

There are non sellable Corvettes being built now, and possibly Captured Test Fleet as well, which exist to get as many real world miles as possible as one of the final checks before the start of regular production cars.

Anything Becky does your dealer can do but it is a lot more fun (for everyone) watching Becky do her magic so I hope people take advantage. Also, all retail sold orders are priority 1 though at consensus a dealer may put a not first order through if there is a constraint on the would be first order. The dealer really has no choice because if an allocation is not used it can not be saved and it will be given to another dealer. How else to Kerbeck and a few others come to dominate Corvette sales?

Laborsmith